- director Julie Bertuccelli
- screenplay Julie Bertuccelli
- cinematography Nigel Bluck
- music Grégoire Hetzel
- editing François Gédigier
- cast Charlotte Gainsbourg, Marton Csokas, Morgana Davies, Aden Young, Gillian Jones
- production Les Films du Poisson (Jellyfish, On Tour), Taylor Media
- sales Memento Films International
- format 35 mm
After the sudden death of her husband, Dawn must face her own mourning yet still care for her four children. Her only daughter, 8-year-old Simone, seems to take the loss the hardest of all. Simone shares a special secret with her mother: her father whispers to her through the leaves of the magnificent tree next to their home. Convinced he’s come back to protect the family, Simone spends more and more time up in the tree, speaking with her father.
Julie Bertuccelli started her film career as an assistant director, working with acclaimed directors such as Krzysztof Kieslowski, Bertrand Tavernier, Otar Iosseliani, Rithy Panh and Emmanuel Finkiel. She has also directed several highly regarded documentaries. Her feature debut, SINCE OTAR LEFT, which she both wrote and directed, won several major awards including the Grand Prize, International Critcs’ Week at the Cannes Film Festival in 2004, and a Cesar Award for Best First Feature.