- director Belinda Chayko
- screenplay Belinda Chayko
- cinematography Hugh Miller
- music Glenn Richards
- editing Denise Haratzis ASE
- cast John Hurt, Lily Bell-Tindley, Emily Barclay, Charlie-Rose MacLennan, Eloise MacLennan, Daniela Farinacci, Jay Ryan, Jonathan Segat
- producers Helen Bowden & Michael McMahon
- production Screen Australia, NSW Film and Television Office, Film Victoria, South Australian Film Commission, Matchbox Pictures
- sales Kid Film
- format 35 mm
„LOU is a tender story about the relationship between 11-year-old Lou and her grandfather. Not long after Lou’s father walks out of her life, her irascible and befuddled grandfather crashes in. But when Doyle comes to stay, Lou discovers, against all her expectations, the healing power of love.
LOU is the second feature film directed by Belinda Chayko. Her earlier feature, CITY LOOP, premiered in the Discovery Section of the Toronto International Film Festival and screened at a number of other festivals. She’s also made a number of award-winning short films. Belinda was thrilled that the filming location for LOU was just down the road from her house in Murwillumbah, New Soulth Wales. She was not so thrilled that the several months of post-production required her to be in another State.