- director Louise N. D. Friedberg
- screenplay Rikke de Fine Licht, Louise N. D. Friedberg
- cinematography Magnus Nordenhof Jønck
- music Ola Kvernberg
- editing Martin Schade
- cast Ellen Hillingsø, Laura Bro, Morten Grunwald, Mads Wille, Kurt Ravn
- producers Birgitte Skov, Signe Leick Jensen
- production Nimbus Rights II ApS
- sales Danish Film Institute
- format 35 mm
In 1952, Danish government officials select 16 Greenlandic children to participate in an experiment. They are removed from their families and accommodated in a children’s home in Nuuk. Here, the headmistress is put in charge of turning them into good, Danish citizens in a longterm effort to bring Greenland out of its current state of destitution. This becomes an uphill battle.
Born 1973, Denmark. Graduated in direction from the National Film School of Denmark, 2005. Has worked as a scripter and assistant director since 1995. BLOOD SISTERS, Friedberg’s debut as a director, was selected for Berlin’s Generation programme and went on to win awards at Rome, Sydney, Melbourne, Sao Paulo and Odense festivals. THE EXPERIMENT is Friedberg’s feature film debut.