- director Sebastian Grobler
- screenplay Sebastian Grobler
- cinematography Martin Langer
- music Ingo Ludwig Frenzel
- editing Dirk Grau
- cast Daniel Bruehl, Burghart Klaussner, Justus von Dohnányi, Kathrin von Steinburg, Thomas Thieme
- producers Anatol Nitschke, Raoul Reinert
- production Deutschfilm, Cuckoo Clock Entertainment, Senator Film Produktion
- sales Beta Film GmbH
- format 35 mm
It’s 1874. The reform-minded headmaster von Merfeld has hired Konrad Koch as one of the very first English teachers of all at a German secondary school in order to let a fresh new wind into his musty institution. Koch sees how badly this is needed in his very first class. Everything that the boys know about England is common prejudices handed down from one generation to the next.
Sebastian Grobler studied German Language Studies, Psychology and History in Hamburg, followed by work as a director’s assistant on various film and television productions. His graduation film from the Baden-Württemberg Film Academy, MORGEN FRÜH IST DIE NACHT DER RUHM, won the 2003 Studio Hamburg Up-and-Coming Filmmakers Award. Also active as a screenwriter, instructor and TV director, he has made his theatrical feature debut with LESSONS OF A DREAM.